- This event has passed.
Cranfield Digital Tower Visit
Digital Tower Visit at Cranfield
You will all be pleased to know that we have had a lot of interest in this visist and it is going ahead as planned. The detailed plan is set out below. We will close registration on the 10th of July so if you are interested in attending please register now.
Date Saturday 20th July.
- 10am and 11 am. – Aircraft Flying in will be between
- Number of Aircraft Flying in will be 14 (may change up or down) .
- Total numbers from PPL IR will be 20 passengers and crew.
- Parking will be on the apron.
- Crews and passengers will assemble in the Aeronautical Research Building (ARC) building for Tea and Coffee (Buiscuits). Guides to be available to direct people to the ARC.
- The ARC building will have a standing display of all the plans/research program for the airport/university aeronautical department.
- 11 am – Airfield will close and the barbecue will be set up on the grass outside the fire station.
- First Group will walk via the ‘Moving Road’ to the remote tower.
- Presentation in the tower.
- If there are more than 20 then the group will be split into two.
- 12:30 Assemble on the grass outside the tower for the 3 Course Barbecue. We will be joined by the airport staff and the flying schools on the airport.
- 3:00 pm Barbecue closes and airport opens up again for aircraft to depart.
BBQ will be £17 per head. (Subject to confirmation and numbers). This will be collected on the day.
Landing charges to be confirmed but they will not be onerous. These will aslo be collected on the day.
Please contact me (jim busby) at email@example.com if you have any further questions.