- This event has passed.
Spring Conference 2019
18 MayFree – £55
Spring Conference 2019
Note for new website. All people who have already registered will be transferred to the new site by the organisers. You don’t need to do anything.
Please note the date and location in your diary. Early registration is appreciated. Also, there are 15 seats available on aircraft going from the UK to Ostend. Some will be for Friday, others are Saturday. Please contact Jim Busby (email@example.com) if you would like to use one of these seats.
Also two seats available from Blackbushe on the Saturday in a DA40. Anyone interested in these please contact Wolfgang Bardorf (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date and Venue :
The Spring meeting for 2019 will take place in Ostend Airport on Saturday 18th May 2019. It will be hosted at Ostend Airport with its good meeting facilities and easy access by air or road.
If arriving by air, a full briefing document will be sent about 1 week prior to the meeting.
- 9 – 11am Registration and Coffee
- 11:00 Opening and Welcome – Colin Williamson
- 11:15 Digital Towers and Running GA Airfields from Rob Abbott, Airport Director Cranfield
- 12:00 A European Commission perspective on impact of technology. Jurki Paajanen
- 12:45 Lunch – to include a demo of the new website.
- 14:00 Foreflight – US Flight planning software moves into Europe.
- 14:45 The impact of new technology on ATC in Europe from Damian Glennon, Eurocontrol
- 15:30 AGM – Recommendations for the legal AGM in the UK
- 16:00 Close
EBOS GA instructions are here.
- If VMC conditions prevail, please cancel IFR and make a VFR arrival
- In the event of IMC conditions, it would help if those living within driving distance were able arrive by road.
- If you need Fuel then please try to do this when you arrive and allow good time for this to be completed. A fuel truck will be standing by but if a lot of people need fuel then this may cause delays.
Detailed arrival instructions will be sent out a week before the event, when it will be clearer how many plan to arrive by air.
Hotel and Dinner the Night Before
We intend to hold a dinner the night before the event in the Hotel Ter Streep in Ostend in case people would like to travel over the night before or make a weekend of it. Please indicate if you would like to participate the evening before. The cost for the dinner will be €50 per head.
We have negotiated some favourable rates with the hotel. When booking please mention the event.
Single room 69,00 € + 2,20 € city tax
Twin room 79,00 € + 2,20 € city tax
Triple room 109,00 € + 2,20 € city tax
Registration fees: These will be £55/€60 per person, to cover room rental, tea/coffee, buffet lunch, speaker travel costs and other local expenses. To be paid by paypal on registration. Parking and Landing fees for aircraft will be collected during the lunch hour. If you require refuelling we suggest you arrive early and book it in advance.
Free car parking is available directly in front of the conference venue.