Events are a great way to meet other private pilots interested in instrument flying. Regardless of your experience or membership status, whether you own an aircraft or not, or even if you are not a pilot, you are welcome to join. By flying with other experienced pilots you have the ability to meet new people and learn new skills and ways to safely fly IFR. We hope to see you at an event soon.
FAA Aircraft Registration 2021 hosted by PPL/IR Europe on 22nd July 2021 (1700UTC)
These events have proven to be hugely popular in the past. This Zoom webinar focuses on a 2021 update on FAA Registered Aircraft.
The presentation will be given by Faith Chmura, Director of Southern Aircraft Consultancy. The event is at 1700 UTC. Topics covered:
- Why register a European based aircraft in the U.S?
- The aircraft registration and deregistration process.
- Registration pricing, fees, and administration.
Online registration is required and the link to the registration page is here.
For more details on the event, and how to register, please click the link below.
PPL/IR Europe at Private Flyer Event in Leeds East (EGCM) 6th August 2021
PPL/IR Europe are planning to visit the Private Flyer event on 6th August at Leeds East Airport.
You are very welcome to join us!
More details on the event can be found here:
If you are planning to attend please let the Events Manager know, or Paul Sherry direct.
Overnight in Troyes, France 24-26th September 2021
Following the popularity and success of the two previous “Over-Nighter” events in Abbeville and Cherbourg Maupertus, the Pilots and Friends of Rochester Airport (PAFRA) are organising another trip, to Troyes Barberey.
Troyes Barberey [LFQB]
A reminder of the concept: Between the Monthly One-Day Fly-outs organised by PAFRA, and the Whole Week Tour Peter organises each summer, there is clearly a place in our Flying Calendar for an “Over-Nighter” i.e. 24 hours away with a one-night stay somewhere. A place where we can relax together in a convenient nearby hotel, have a meal (+ drink without the worry about having to fly again too soon!), an evening where we can share ‘hangar talk’ etc., and/or just ‘chill out’.
This is an invitation to ALL pilots & friends — not limited to those based at Rochester and certainly including friends in PPL/IR Europe.
For more details on the event, and how to book your accommodation, please click the link below.
PPLIR Europe Annual Conference 2nd October 2021
We are please to confirm the date for our 2021 PPL/IR Europe Annual Conference in Teuge (EHTE) Airport, Netherlands on Saturday 2nd October 2021.
This is a great opportunity to see old friends and make new acquitances.
We are still confirming exact details, but wanted to hold this space in your diary.
Friday 1st October
- Friday afternoon / evening arrivals for anyone wishing to join pre-evening dinner and drinks.
Saturday 2nd October
- 09.00 Registration opens
- 10.45 We take our seats
- 11.00 - 16.00 Annual Conference including our keynote speaker, latest updated on EGNOS, a talk on Hypoxia and CO2 (the silent killers) and the latest updates on navigation and flying tools
- Lunch, tea, coffee and soft drinks are included and an opportunity to spend time with fellow pilots
- A visit to Teuge city and the Kröller-Müller Museum for partners and co-travellers
- Evening dinner and hotel, for those choosing to stay - 2/3 courses as preferred and wine is included in the price
Sunday 3rd October
- Breakfast and time to fly home for those staying over
A link to book tickets, hotels, etc., will follow by end July 2021.
- Once booked, we will contact you separately for registration, arrival and departure times, POB, etc.
- The event is for Members only, though non-members are welcome to join and attend, or alternatively fly-out and join us for dinner.
Avionics Seminar in Salzburg on 23rd October 2021 hosted by COPA
As many members will be aware, the Cirrus Owners and Pilots Association (COPA) runs a range of training events through its Cirrus Pilot Proficiency Program (CPPP). COPA is running a one-day seminar on avionics in Salzburg on Saturday 23 October 2021 and have invited PPL/IR Europe members to participate.
While run by COPA, the workshop will cover other types like Cessna, Mooney, Piper or Diamond / TBM etc.
Details of the event (in German) are below, together with a link for registration:
This time the workshop is presented in German language only. If it is a success, COPA may provide it next year in English. Indeed, the PPL/IR Europe Board is exploring opportunities for working with other like-minded pilot organisations in Europe so I'm delighted to announce this as the first product of the initiative.
Michael Hochenrieder, who hosted us so well for a social weekend in 2017, is part of the CPPP team and should be able to address any questions you might have.