Events are a great way to meet other private pilots interested in instrument flying. Regardless of your experience or membership status, whether you own an aircraft or not, or even if you are not a pilot, you are welcome to join. By flying with other experienced pilots you have the ability to meet new people and learn new skills and ways to safely fly IFR. We hope to see you at an event soon.
PPLIR Europe Annual Conference 2nd October 2021 **BOOKINGS CLOSED**
Bookings for this event have now closed.
More details to follow shortly.
The event this year will be held in Ostend Airport (EBOS), Belgium on Saturday 2nd October 2021 (instead of Teuge) and is a fantastic opportunity to get in some decent flying in 2021! As well as a chance to see friends old and new.
This year, we are pleased to be joined by a 'celebrity guest speaker', a name many of you will have heard - John Peters, so is definitely not an event to miss. As well as our usual updates, training and an opportunity to spend time together.
John came to the world’s attention in January 1991, when his bruised and battered face flashed onto television screens around the world as a prisoner of war. It was his disfigured image that became a potent symbol of Saddam Hussein’s ruthless aggression.
His dramatic and sometimes harrowing experiences reach deep into our innermost minds, showing us how we can overcome even our worst fears and nightmares. His war was not all as he expected – it became a seven-week ordeal of torture and interrogation testing John Peters to the absolute limit and bringing him close to death. His experiences go far beyond many of us as General Aviation pilots, but there is plenty we can learn.
Please click the link below to purchase tickets.
Friday 1st October
- Friday afternoon / evening arrivals for anyone wishing to join pre-evening dinner and drinks.
- Please add 'Friday Evening Hotel' and/or 'Friday Evening Dinner' to your basket as required - shuttle to and from the hotel is included.
Saturday 2nd October
- For colleagues flying in, please add a 'Pilot Pack' ticket to your basket as required. A £25 fee will be taken at booking. This will be deducted from the final price based on aircraft type and duration. See here for a full price list.
- 09.00 Registration opens
- 10.45 We take our seats
- 11.00 - 16.00 Annual Conference including our keynote speaker, latest updated on EGNOS, a talk on Hypoxia and CO2 (the silent killers) and the latest updates on navigation and flying tools
- Lunch, tea, coffee and soft drinks are included in the price and an opportunity to spend time with fellow pilots - please add 'Main Event' to your basket.
- Attendees depart home.
- COVID-19 has changed the way we live and fly. For pilots flying from the UK, it is understood that Brussels is an Amber country requiring a double vaccination and PCR test before departing. Air crew exemptions exist. For Schengen countries, a double vaccine is uderstood to be all that is required. Please use relevant country regulations for the exact details. Members may wish to discuss this on the forum.
- Once booked, I will contact you separately for aircraft registration, arrival and departure times, POB, etc.
- Should PPL/IR Europe need to cancel the event all money taken will be reimbursed. Should you need to cancel, we will make every attempt to refund the full amount but please note if you cancel after 29th September, any non-recoverable expenses incurred by PPL/IR Europe, will be deducted from the refund.
Avionics Seminar in Salzburg on 13th November 2021 hosted by COPA
As many members will be aware, the Cirrus Owners and Pilots Association (COPA) runs a range of training events through its Cirrus Pilot Proficiency Program (CPPP). COPA is running a one-day seminar on avionics in Salzburg on Saturday 13 November 2021 and have invited PPL/IR Europe members to participate.
While run by COPA, the workshop will cover other types like Cessna, Mooney, Piper or Diamond / TBM etc.
Details of the event (in German) are below, together with a link for registration:
This time the workshop is presented in German language only. If it is a success, COPA may provide it next year in English. Indeed, the PPL/IR Europe Board is exploring opportunities for working with other like-minded pilot organisations in Europe so I'm delighted to announce this as the first product of the initiative.
Michael Hochenrieder, who hosted us so well for a social weekend in 2017, is part of the CPPP team and should be able to address any questions you might have.
Overnight in Troyes, France 24-26th September 2021 **CANCELLED**
Sadly, due to COVID rules, Peter has decided, very reluctantly, having considered the cost/impracticalities of the trip, TO POSTPONE THE TRIP UNTIL 2022.
Peter is sorry if this disappoints some people.
[It is possible for those coming from other countries where the regulations are more amenable may still wish to meet. The hotel will honour the price they quoted.]
FAA Aircraft Registration 2021 hosted by PPL/IR Europe on 22nd July 2021 (1700UTC)
These events have proven to be hugely popular in the past. This Zoom webinar focuses on a 2021 update on FAA Registered Aircraft.
The presentation will be given by Faith Chmura, Director of Southern Aircraft Consultancy. The event is at 1700 UTC. Topics covered:
- Why register a European based aircraft in the U.S?
- The aircraft registration and deregistration process.
- Registration pricing, fees, and administration.
Online registration is required and the link to the registration page is here.
For more details on the event, and how to register, please click the link below.
PPL/IR Europe at Private Flyer Event in Leeds East (EGCM) 6th August 2021
PPL/IR Europe are planning to visit the Private Flyer event on 6th August at Leeds East Airport.
You are very welcome to join us!
More details on the event can be found here:
If you are planning to attend please let the Events Manager know, or Paul Sherry direct.
Notification of PPL/IR Europe AGM 15th September 2021 (1700UTC)
This is formal notification of the Annual General Meeting of PPL/IR Europe, to be held via Zoom, on Wednesday 15th September 2021.
- 17.00 UTC
- 18.00 BST
- 19.00 CEST
Register in advance for the Zoom link for this meeting here.
Minutes of the last Annual General Meeting, held on 28th November 2020 are available by clicking the link below:PPL/IR Europe AGM Minutes 28 November 2020 (58 downloads)